From:  AngelOfThyNight@aol.com
Date:  Sun Sep 15, 2002  5:36 am
Subject:  TONIGHT'S REPORT ON THE ASYLUM.....

Well we are all back safely so yeah i guess tomorrow ill be celebrating when i throw my sons birthday party. Its 5am so i hope this report sounds good i'm beat 3 days straight of walks, investigations and then tonight the asylum and tomorrow a picnic then a party i'm throwing lol wow i say. Well i am very happy to see so many show hats off to Jeff, Amy, Tommy, Kim, Ari, Arian, and well not to me of course lol but it was a good show. Indeed the place is as foreboding as last night i was fairly relaxed going there as i knew the rooms and hallways much better. As a few weeks ago we had an incident where some members called when i was offline about a particular room we found well they did cement and cinder block our way in so Jeff and i found a new way in we all found a basement boarded doorway that we were able to slide into most interesting we managed to get into the catacombs Jeff's saw ran out of batteries lol so Tommy, Jeff and i managed to use our legs and get in. I must say its very amazing a whole underground network all lit up like being a mine one pass way which was very intimidating was a dead end, another 2 were lit fresh doors probably leading to patient rooms in the asylum which are said to exist there with torture equipment. but we found a ladder going down into a network of pipes we followed it for quite some ways and when i turned the corner to my surprised i seen a man all dressed in white he sort of looked like an orderly but had the old hat on, suspenders and he was working due to us having a large group i really didn't want to be seen so we pretty much got out of that area. The man was carrying a large crate full of stuff and i honestly do not know if it was a ghost or person but kind of strange to see a person working that deep down 1am in 110 degrees where the pipes are hot with steam and was dressed in winter dress wear so i'm not sure what to think. But we got out of there and made it into one of the first floor wards and to my surprise i had heard a female scream then 10 minutes later what sounded like a man then the pounding of wood we shut of our lights that's when we heard running on the floor above us so we ended up hiding in the basement for awhile and of course as us being investigators let our curiosity take its course. There was a interesting hallway with wheel chairs all over, a door way which once was cinder blocked and bolted was ripped apart and crushed we were able to get into this new area it was freshly painted, insulated, etc i definitely sensed something there every time i asked it for a sign you would hear a banging inside a room with a locked door then a flicker of some light near the ceiling there was an area that was insulated with some wood on it as if they are trying to patch up some of the rooms, walls etc very unusual though i heard like footsteps in the room, a cracking sound in the room, just seemed to be alot of activity there like if i knocked on the one wall it would push or knock back. Then of course there was an area that i got very ill i cant explain it but it was gone when i got away from it so i'm not sure if that's just residue i was dealing with. other key points were we had about 5 flashlights with us and all of ours died and Jeff's was even starting to blink out a little so something definitely was feeding off our energy. I did hear alot of things like a pipe banging, a few screams, running things of that sort i very much doubt anybody was in there since now its even harder to get in. There was a party across the street at the college dorm however what i heard was coming within the building from other floors since the place sound echoes in. We finally on our way out managed to stop in the room with the shoes and clothing strangely enough the closets we were going to look in were open, another closet had the plastic fitting for a skirt, and 5 bras hanging off the ceiling which they were not there last time we were there 2 weeks ago, also we found many homemade bows made out of plastic baggies granted we did investigate there was no bones in any of the closets, pile of papers or anything there was bras hanging very old and rotting but all in a row which lets say its unusual that they were not there a couple weeks ago i mean who would take the time to go in there and hang each one up ya know but i made sure i took tons of photos of that room just to see if they match up with other cameras i used. we ended the night hearing it thunder and lightening out found our way out eventually and managed to get out safely. It was alot of fun and i'm sure next year will be returning here to get camera footage etc i thank everyone who showed it takes alot of balls to go into a 160 yr old asylum believe me and it was nice meeting 2 more members of my group tonight. next week Jeff and i will be venturing out past Jamestown to check into some vortexes, and possible bigfoot activity. we have room for 2 people to come along so if you want to go Saturday till Sunday morning please write me and let me know so i can get an idea will be hiking up in the woods at night and find an area and make a wire perimeter ect it will be fun, interesting and you get a chance to get away from buffalo:)

                asylumsecretloft.jpg (41916 bytes)    asylumclothing.jpg (49895 bytes)    clothingorbs.jpg (45213 bytes)    theasylumbras.jpg (41902 bytes)    asylumshoes.jpg (81746 bytes)    tommywithsaw.jpg (37341 bytes)

                        asylumcloset.jpg (36967 bytes)   TheAsylumshoesroom.jpg (37848 bytes)   radiatororbasylum.jpg (38464 bytes)  asylum000doorwayghost.jpg (54829 bytes)

From:  "Jeff"
Date:  Sun Sep 15, 2002  2:38 pm
Subject:  BUFFALO ASYLUM INVESTIGATION PART 2

<whew> I am worn out like you would not believe. When you get up there in age and keep from being active...a jaunt like this can take a lot out of you. I wish my Chiropractor was available on weekends ;-)

Big Kudos to our two newcomers to investigations! They worked into the group very well through the night. Immediately upon arrival we attempted to inject where we did previously only to find both entry points blocked by fresh cinderblock -_- Most likely due to loose conversations regarding the "shoes" found from the prior investigation. Fortunately Rick and I found another opening while trolling the grounds along the building. We collected the group and made our way in once again.  From the prior investigation the area was the same in respect but, we made a direct move for the catacomb wall blocked by plywood. Once we found it then it was time to put the battery operated circular saw to use...unfortunately at my fault...the blade died out instantly due to no charge in the battery -_- Here I am the "gear man" and a piece of my equipment failed me. I really hate it when I do that. Fortunately that just was not going to ruin our resolve. With three of us giving some muscle we broke the board loose. Instantly we had a tunnel ahead and a tunnel to the left well lit inside and pathed with what seemed to be modern piping in use due to "extreme temperatures" inside. The first tunnel was short and dead ended by a locked door next to a modern generator and piping. So, we took the next tunnel which led to another locked door at the end but, showed another passage to our left down a small ladder. The heat was getting worse...I felt so aristocratic when Amy offered me the roll of toilet paper to dab the M&Ms sized beads of sweat from my forehead I only thought it appropriate to ask for some "Grey Poupon".

 Rick and Ari went ahead to scope out the area beyond the ladder and after they returned we decided to move in further after a brief cooling off period. The heat was definitely in the 110 degree range and that can zap your strength very quickly. We traversed the ladder and followed the tunnel to its right and then another right. With Rick and Ari leading the way they stopped where the tunnel turned left. Faintly we heard Rick say "There's people over there. Let's get out of here". <lol> all of us moved quickly back down the long and hot tunnel. "I was hot and tired from the heat that my trot quickly slowed to a sulking walk." Once we went back around the corner and collected ourselves Rick explained he saw "an old man dressed in white with suspenders carrying crates or boxes." Ari had only caught a glimpse of the man adding "he had a type of engineer train hat". Ari added that the area him and Rick were looking at when they saw the man was an open area that was well lit and had a hallway leading ahead with rooms to either side.

Once we checked up we went back into the Asylum to find the room with the "shoes". A long the way the generator room we found the last time was not lit but, Tommy's curiosity lit up the one area of the basement when he decided to test a breaker box. <lol> I'm walking ahead of the group and all of the sudden lights go on! Then I hear Tommy's leash tell him to "cut that out". Tommy switched the breakers off as quickly as he turned them on. I have to say that Tommy just loves this place out of all of us. ;-)

 As we moved on we noticed earlier that all the bats in the basement were gone. hmmmmmm...<shrugs> works for me. We came upon the last annex to the Administration section and noticed a cemented door was breached. We went through the breach to find what appeared to be a large cafeteria with what may have been a food service area at the very end showing a walk in cooler to the right just past a service elevator shaft and a locked exit door. Rick and Ari were sure they felt something here in the food service area by what appeared to be a boarded window that seemed to push back when pushed on...I just concluded that it was a window leading outside and the wind could have been pushing back on it. A few times we stood in silence at the "strange sounds" every now and then...sounds like pinging on a large pipe? There were only two and none after that...though, the ones that occurred seemed far away and it was just its seismic conclusion that reached us.

 We decided after the extended time that we had to get to the room with the "shoes" which we eventually found and pretty much concluded that it was just a room for entertainment due to finding musical sheets used by birds to build a nest and remembering the folder of songs a prior member found there in an a joining room during the last investigation. The closets we noticed from before were now open but, contained no signs "body hiding". Aside of their age...they were both clean.

 We agreed due to the time and our age that it was time to head out and in the process I held a small triumph close to me that my flashlight out lasted everyone else's. <hehe> I really really recommend an LED Flashlight from the C.Crane company. Last night it proved its worth ;-)

 Through out the familiar areas we moved through there were times when we heard what appeared to be "others" inside with us noting a large bang against wood and faint running along the floor overhead. For me it was just too hard to tell. During the focus on the sounds we had noticed a jovial get together outside of the building in operation in front of the Asylum making the racket. I believe this is where those tunnels led to. It is some sort of Medical building in operation but, in what manner we do not know.

 Cracking the 4:30AM mark we left as quietly as we came with no strange sounds as we walked away in its shadow. I have concluded at this point it is what it is with some minor operation benefiting the campus and being host to adventurers...some more determined to breach points within that we just left alone and keeping what may be important history in the Administration section safe from those who would tread with no respect to history.

 But, in conclusion...no one ever said you couldn't make a big bag of coin on grave robbing ;-)

Fortunately this group just doesn't have a penchant for that type of stuff :-) Hard Work always deserves a rest in time.

From:  "fengshuicarrot3" <Fengshuicarrot@aol.com>
Date:  Thu Sep 19, 2002  8:17 pm
Subject:  last saturday, and according apologies

Hello,

I'm writing to the group to post my EXTREMELY late report on Saturday's investigation at the asylum. But first I would like to apologize for my excessive lateness in writing this. I feel, considering I told Rick and Jeff I would write this, that I owe an explanation. Its simple, I had one to many short lived personal crisis's, and a little bit to much work to do. I just haven't been online in a few days. Sorry.

 Anyways, about Saturday. That was probably the most enjoyable thing I have done in a really long time. The site was stunningly beautiful. Between the old style designs of the asylums worn exterior and interior, and the Gothic-esque cathedral I was totally blown away. The only more shocking experience of the night was the amount of "indefinable" activity to be found inside, oh yeah, and how cool my hosts were;>)

Rick and Jeff, after devising an inventive plan of entry (a.k.a tear a large piece of plywood in half), led us down into the building and through many confusing tunnels until we reached our destination, the boiler rooms/steam tunnels. Up to here paranormal/weird activity had been relatively non-existent. We had to wait about 20 minutes well Rick, Jeff, and Tommy took their time draining a saw and matching wits with a board. The board almost one, but after shaking the entire building section two or eight times testosterone and large heavy objects defeated the evil, this is why inanimate objects should learn to just yield from the start, they'll never win against men. Yeah, anyways back to the point. The tunnels were astonishingly hot (unless you consider that you are in a steam tunnel after all) at least 30 degrees warmer than the 60ofarenheit it had been throughout the rest of the building. We found a few un-attainable rooms blocked with metal doors and possible security alarms considering the amount of work being done down their. Ignoring them after minimal attempts, we checked out the degraded passage to our right and finding a dead end went down the left one that followed the pipeline. Maybe 30 yards it went until it ended at another door, and a ladder leading a few feet down. Despite the heat curiosity got the better of Rick and I (bet you didn't see that coming). The ladder almost burned skin to touch. Heat rises and yet as we went lower, it got hotter. A mere five feet down to the bottom, but when we got there it went from around 90 to near an almost unbearable 120 degrees. Not to mention all the humidity (steam pipes, go figure). We went maybe another 30 yards through this when, passing the first of a series of alcoves to our left I walked into a major cold spot and felt as if something terrified fled from us with amazing speed. I'm not new to haunting's by any means, but this really surprised me. Things felt very clear, like I have rarely experienced. Still a bit rattled I told Rick, he took a picture and we went back for the others. Making a long story short, we had one more surprise to find in those tunnels. Rick had taken the lead with me in toe (from about 20 feet) and we were going pretty fast when suddenly he stopped and started to stare, when I caught up I realized what at. Around the bend, we were standing by, and quite a distance back stood an elderly man of European heritage wearing a flannel shirt with overalls, work boots, and an old engineers cap (I think I also saw a coat, but this is unverified by Rick who got a much better look). Rick says that he was going back and fourth moving crates, I wasn't there long enough to tell, the man had started to turn in our direction. We left, rather fast, and with great confusion from those who hadn't seen. Oh, and when you think of what this older mans wearing and doing, please keep in mind 120 DEGREES W/LOTS OF MOISTURE in the air. Anyway, we decided to head back up. Draw your own conclusions I really don't have any. I just realized how much I'm writing so Ill try to cut this short. Big party across street, scarryysoundsbypatientrooms, girl scream a lot but don't know where from, stupid cathedral, and oh yeah there was a room where something kept moving doors and stuff and making a light go flash where there was light to be found and pushing on wall and ignoring Rick well he tried to help it. That pretty much wraps it up. Oh yeah and someone tried to seal us back in. Break stuff;)

Ps. Hey Rick, sorry to have been so out of touch, I really, really want to go this weekend but as of right now I have no way to get out to your place, well theoretically I could walk with a 50 pound bag the 10 miles or so. But I'm going to try and avoid that. And hey Jeff just so you know, if Arienne knew you called her my side kick she would be so pissed she might actually talk;-)